The e4f Co-Working Manifesto.
A co-working space should be more than going to the office. We want to create a better place for entrepreneurs to work; a place where things just happen, where the person next to you offers to have a chat with you over a coffee about your latest idea, where everyone subscribes to the key co-working philosophies:
collaboration, community, sustainability, openness, and accessibility
To make sure we have the ‘co’ part of our co-working space really nailed, we’ve identified some basic guidelines to being a great e4f.Member. If you agree with the below points, then the likelihood is that you’ll fit in. Find out how to join us.
1. Let’s get the boring stuff out of the way. Be tidy, clean and generally courteous to everyone else using the space.
2. The e4f space is mainly based on hot-desking, so don’t be a desk hoarder. Sit in different places, meet different people.
3. Don’t see the other members purely as your next customers. This may happen of course, but no-one likes the hard sell when they haven’t asked for it and are working hard on their own projects.
4. Be curious about what’s going on and who is around you. Ask people what they’re working on, tell them about yourself, come along to events – you never know what might happen.
5. That said, be aware of when other people might be too busy to chat – headphones in, maybe come back later.
6. Be open. We don’t believe in NDAs, but believe that ideas only get better when refined and shared with others.
7. It’s all about karma – help each other out. You can probably give someone a hand with a problem you’ve already gone through, and they’ll pay you back.